003/101 Still a bit of a gamer...
That's right 34 years old and I still play video games. To be fair I grew up in the 80's during the dawn of the home game system craze so they've been apart of my life since the original NES came out. I used to share a room with my Dad at my Grandfather's house while we were transitioning between homes and I'd stay up all night on the end of my fold out love seat playing The Legend of Zelda. My Dad would scold me and tell me to go to bed if I was ever too loud, but in those days you couldn't just save whenever you wanted. You had to get to certain points in the game and they were really far apart, so turning it off meant you'd loose hours of progress. 8 year old Chris's solution....leave it on all the time. My dad didn't like that since it wasted energy so if he saw the red light on he'd turn it off. My next solution....drape a sock over the NES to hide the light. Amazingly that worked for years. teehee sorry Dad.
Here I'm playing Pokemon X on Connor's 3DS which he has shunned for his "newer" 2DS. He doesn't like the 3D anyway so I scored. I was at the mall waiting for Connor's dance class to end.Then when both Connor and Kaci got this latest version of the Pokemon games I said awww man I want one. My wife, amazingly understanding woman that she is, got it for me as a Les Miserables closing gift. Yes my wife is awesome and no you can't clone her.
oh and for all you Pokemon lovers...I defeated the Elite Four, The Champion, and that old AZ guy to defeat the game....crap now what am I gonna play?
Chris Gritti 10:30pm 01/08/14 |
No comments:
Post a Comment